Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about Maharishi International University. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
- 2. Does Maharishi International University benefit from this at all?
- 3. How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
- 4. I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- 5. Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
- 6. I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
- 7. I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
- 8. I’d like to add / remove info from my story.
- 9. Can anyone purchase a book?
- 10. When will I receive my book?
- 11. I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Maharishi International University. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Maharishi International University to hear about your personal experiences and explain how Maharishi International University has helped shape your lives.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves and celebrates the history of our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at Maharishi International University. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Maharishi International University at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Maharishi International University update line at 1-866-571-1779 (active starting 12/21/2020).
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Alumni Office directly.
You can call back at any time to share your story prior to the end of May 2021.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits
The Maharishi International University Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Maharishi International University alumni.
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in December 2020, the books will be distributed in December 2021.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com and they will take care of this for you.
With any other questions contact MIU Alumni Director Paul Stokstad